A BIT ABOUT US
We started Flight Coffee back in 2009 in Mum’s garage, the same spot where we played the drums as kids. These days you’ll find us in slightly fancier garages in Wellington and Auckland, as well as producing coffee in countries the world over.
In 2012 we founded our sister company, Raw Material, a specialty green coffee company that works on projects to implement our sustainable supply chain model around the world. They look after and oversee our farm in Colombia which serves as a community wet mill, where our neighbours can process their coffee. Once it consistently achieves a certain quality, Raw Material manages the export and import of coffee to other roasters around the globe. This model guarantees returns for the region’s farmers that on average double that of the regular market.
Meanwhile back in Aotearoa, Flight Coffee has the important final step in this supply chain... bringing these coffees and their stories to you.
AS A WHOLESALE SUPPLIERAs a wholesale supplier, we're about clear communication, responsiveness, and adaptation to an ever-changing industry.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US.
- Reliable and professional coffee expertise.
- A strong, innovative and market leading brand.
- Access to world-class barista training and coffee education.
- Access to the best and any coffee machinery/gear that you need.
- A good time. Always.
Above: A Cup of Thunderbolt Blend being poured.
Above: RWANDA - washing coffee at the mill in Vunga Washing Station.
Above: Trev - "why wouldn't you?"
A FEW OF OUR WINS:
- 2013 NZ barista champion
- 2013 5th place in the world barista championship final
- 2014 NZ brewer’s cup champion
- 2015 NZ brewer's cup champion
- 2015 NZ barista champion
- 2019 NZ cup tasters champion
- 2019 5th place in world cup tasters championship
- 2020 NZ cup tasters champion
- 2020 NZ cup tasters 2nd place
- 2021 NZ barista champion
- 2023 NZ Latte Art Champion
- World barista championship certified judge
- CQI certified Q graders and Coffee Corps volunteers
- Judges of various international coffee production competitions
Above: The Roast House. 30 Garrett St (30G) in all its glory.
Above: Big Yella (our trusty Van)